|Organic Chocolate & Hazelnut Slice||| Print ||
150g organic butter
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
1/2 cup organic rapadura sugar
1/4 cup organic dates, pitted and chopped
1/4 cup organic sultanas
1/4 cup organic hazelnuts
1/2 cup organic rolled oats
3 weetbix crushed
1 cup organic wholemeal flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate buttons
1 teaspoon vanilla essence or organic vanilla powder
1/2 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 180oC
2. Add butter, sugar and maple syrup to a large saucepan and melt on medium heat stirring consistently. Remove from heat
3. Add oats, dates, sultanas, hazelnuts, chocolate buttons and weetbix. Mix through well.
4. Add sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix through well.
5. Mix together separately in a bowl, eggs (slightly beaten), milk and vanilla essence. Once mixed add to other mixed ingredients.
6. Press into a greased and lined shallow tin and bake in oven for 30mins or cooked through
7. Allow to cool, then cut into slices and enjoy.
Note: Can be frozen and thawed when needed.
Possible variations: Use raisins or cranberries instead of sultanas. Use peanuts, walnuts, pistachio kernels, almonds, cashews or macadamias instead of hazelnuts. Use shredded coconut instead of rolled oats.
Click through here to visit our online shop. We deliver Australia wide