For many families it’s almost time for the kids to go back to school for their fresh new start for the year! Now is a great opportunity to start getting organised with healthy food ideas and options to fill up their lunch boxes. Team Goodness knows how important it is to give them quality energy that keeps them going through their busy little days!
We’ve got a great collection of ingredients, snacks and wholefood recipes to help you organise healthy yet super tasty eating habits at school, as well as after school!
There’s a huge variety of DRIED FRUIT, NUTS & SEEDS to choose from and stock up with at home. Plus, there are no rules to follow when creating your own homemade trail mix – just add in or leave out anything you like!
- Our range of Organic Dried Fruit contains NO sulphur, additives or preservatives. Natural sugar means they can still get a little sweet fix for the day.
- Organic & Natural Nuts are great sources of essential nutrients for the kids, such as protein, B vitamins, iron, vitamin E and healthy unsaturated fats. Yes, although some kids are highly allergic and parents must be very conscious of this - we still love nuts and think they’re great for at-home snacks!
- Organic & Natural Seeds are high in fibre, vitamin E and a good source of protein and minerals. Seeds are a safer options for school environments (due to nut restrictions from allergies).
A few of our favourite goodness ingredients for kids include:
- Organic Biodynamic Dried Apple Wedges
- Organic Dried Banana Coins
- Organic Sultanas, Naturally Dried
- “Be Good” Organic Trail Mix
Alongside their fresh fruit, yoghurt tubs and wholemeal sandwiches, below are some of our stand-out, EASY, healthy recipes that are perfect for school lunchbox ideas or after school snacks!
Spinach, Zucchini & Bacon Muffins - Grain/nut/gluten free savoury snack
Seed Crackers – via I Quit Sugar – Nut/Gluten-free
Super Powerballs – Nut-free and full of goodness
Easy Coconut Cookies - Grain, nut, gluten & refined sugar free – yum!
Paleo Chocolate Crackles – by The Merrymaker Sisters – Nut free treat!
Raw Stars – Cute, tasty, high in fibre & nutrient dense
Coconut Berry Bars – Healthy, dairy-free alternative to yoghurt muesli bars
Sweet Potato Brownies – Nut, gluten and dairy free treat (for when they’ve been good!)
Rasberry, Lime & Coconutty Smoothie - prepare it for breakfast or afternoon tea!
Crunchy Cashew Caramel Chew - a delicious wholefood treat!
For MORE KIDS IDEAS head to: