A classic, healthy and very easy hummus recipe using our organic chickpeas! Serve with sticks of carrot, capsicum, celery, pieces of toasted pita bread, Turkish bread, seeded crackers... Delicious!
Time: 20 min
- 1 tin organic chickpeas 400g (drained, but reserve the brine/liquid)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup organic unhulled tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- Himalayan rock salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley (for sprinkling)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add enough chickpea brine/liquid from the tin to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve in a bowl or dish and sprinkle with the tablespoon of chopped flat leaf parsley then drizzle with extra olive oil.
TASTY FLAVOUR VARIATIONS:
- Black Bean - Add equal parts chickpeas and black beans.
- Beetroot - Add some fresh grated cooked beetroot for colour and flavour.
- Mediterranean - Add 1 tsp garam masala.
- Olive - Add 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives.
- Sundried Tomato - Add 1/4 cup re-hydrated sundried tomatoes.