OPTIONAL SWEETENER / ADDITIONAL FLAVOUR CHOICES:
- 1-2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp organic raw honey
- 1-2 tbsp organic brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon powder
- 2-3 tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 2-3 organic Medjool dates
- Soak Almonds: Place 1 cup of almonds in a bowl or jar & cover with at least a few centimetres of water and let soak for 12-24 hours. TIP: the longer the soaking time the creamier your milk will taste.
- Strain the almonds & discard the water.
- Rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear.
- Place almonds in a powerful blender or Thermomix together with 3-4 cups of water and optional sweetener/spices (enough to your taste). TIP: the less water you use, the thicker your milk will be.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until the nuts are completely broken down and the mixture is deliciously creamy.
- Strain the almond milk by lining your nut milk bag over a large jug or bowl, and pour the creamy liquid into the nut milk bag. TIP: keep squeezing the nut milk bag to ensure you get as much milk as possible into your jug or bowl.
- Pour your beautiful, fresh milk into a glass jar or pitcher and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy this beautiful, fresh milk with your breakfast, in cooking, baking, or simply drink it by the glass!
Other Plant-Based Milk Options:
- Cashew, Hazelnut or Brazil Nut Milk: use 1 cup of desired organic nut (soaked) in place of the almonds.
- Oat Milk: use 1 cup organic steel-cut oats (soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Rice Milk: use 1 cup cooked organic brown rice in place of the nuts.
- Quinoa Milk: use 1 cup cooked organic quinoa in place of the nuts.
- Pepita/Pumpkin Seed Milk: use 1 cup organic pepitas (soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Flax/Linseed Milk: use 1/2 cup organic linseeds (not soaked) in place of the nuts.
- Soy Milk: use 1 cup organic soy beans (soaked) in place of the nuts - remove outer skins before blending with water.
9th Nov 2018