Most of you would have probably heard that next week we will be moving our Honest to Goodness HQ from our current Artarmon location and entering a new era in Alexandria! For some (i.e. those who live on north side) this may be a sad move, but we are pretty certain that this new location which is four times the size is also going to bring with it four times the goodness! Plus we have ample customer parking at the new digs, a nice luxury in Sydney!
Obviously moving our entire office, warehouse and showroom was not enough, so we’ve decided to throw in some additional work for ourselves, doing a complete sustainable retrofit of our new goodness HQ! From the get go, the selection of our new location was always going to be one which was suitable for our dream sustainable retrofit. What we were looking for…
- Natural lighting throughout
- Low energy T5 flouroscent lights
- Windows that open for natural airflow
- Waterless boys toilet
- Great central location with bike track
- Proximity to public transport
Our sustainable fit out is going to be an ongoing process, which we plan to enagage not only our staff but our customers, locals and other green enthusiasts throughout. Our vision for the new premises is to create our own organic community who not only enjoys great tasting and nutritious wholefoods but also appreciates the benefits of sustainable living.
- Reuse of existing office materials and former tenants furniture.
- Upcycling shipping containers that will form part of our new fitout!
- Broader use of collapsible/reuseable crates.
- Box crusher and full recycling program.
- Bay for customers to reuse old boxes when they pick up their goodies!
- Refitting our LED high bay lights.
- Organic vege patch will also be coming with us!
We will miss the shredded paper we currently get from our neighbouring print company and will be looking to make friends with a new printer in Alexandria that produces shredded paper waste. And we’re always happy to trade redundant timber pallets/skids for the occasional almond!
- Compostable film trial for our goodies.
- Growing our bulk and packageless options in the Showroom.
- A new software platform helping us to reduce our paper use.
So this is just the beginning, we have a long way to go but our sustainable dream has been a vision and goal of the team here at Honest to Goodness, and something we are all committed to achieving. We’re certainly not perfect and sure to hit some hicups along the way, but we want to share these with everyone. With Matt’s expertise in sustainable agriculture and an enthusiastic team behind us, including our own sustainable officer, Lilli, we’re keen to find our way. But if you have any ideas, know anyone who has a bit of a clue about this stuff, or just keen to get involved, give us a shout out!
Our new Alexandria Showroom will be opening at the end of August at Unit D1, 46-62 Maddox Street, Alexandria. Customer parking is available or enjoy a leisurely 15 minute walk from Green Square train station. Visit our Showroom page here…
And don’t forget, if the Inner West does not catch your fancy, we still have our online store, open 24/7 and delivers our goodies straight to your doorstep! Shop online…