More almonds per serve and no added sugar
Pureharvest Organic Almond Milk has more real almonds per serving at 11%, than any other brands available. Most almond milks have around 2-4% real almonds. Unfortunately they also tend to use additives such as almond essence and cane sugar to enhance the almond flavour.
Our almond milk is also naturally sweetened with rice malt syrup, which is great for those of you who don’t want to have refined sugars in your diet. On a similar note, this almond milk is also very low in fructose. Fructose is a kind of sugar that the body can find very difficult to digest.
Why whole almonds?
The flavonoid phytonutrients found in almond skins are believed to have powerful antioxidant properties. The Pureharvest almond milk is made using whole almonds, so you get the added benefits that the almond skin provides along with the other great nutrients you get from almonds.
Some other great things about our Pureharvest Almond Milk, is that it is:
• Gluten Free
• Sugar Free
• Made from whole almonds
• Low in fructose
Try this delicious sugar-free recipe using organic almond milk:
Almond Cinnamon Tea Cake
100g vegetable oil
½ cup organic brown rice syrup
zest and juice of an orange
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup almond meal
¾ cup Pureharvest Organic Almond Milk
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of 2 oranges
1 tbsp organic brown rice syrup
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C and grease a bunt tin (20 cm in diameter) or any round cake tin of your choice.
2. In a medium sized bowel whisk together the three eggs, rice syrup and vegetable oil.
3. In a separate bowel combine all the dry ingredients (flour, almond meal and cinnamon)
4. Alternating, add the flour and milk to the egg mixture until all are well combined
5. Pour the mixture the prepared cake tin and place in the oven
6. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.