ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
Flours, Meals & Baking
Herbs, Spices & Salt
½ cup organic coconut flour
3 tbsp organic coconut sugar
1 tsp aluminium free baking powder
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
1 overripe banana
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup organic rice milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 free-range egg whites
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
Organic coconut cream
Fresh raspberries, pomegranate arils and plums (or other red fruits) to decorate.
Organic maple syrup
- Sift the coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and sea salt into a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the banana, spinach, milk and vanilla into a blender and process until smooth and well combined. Pour this wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Separate the eggs into a separate bowl (I just crack them and pour them into one hand, allowing the egg white to fall away through the gaps in my fingers into a bowl). Using handheld electric beaters, whip the egg whites until you achieve stiff peaks (or until you can hold the bowl upside down without the egg white moving).
- Add the whipped egg whites to the pancake mixture and gently fold them in until just combined. Try not to over-stir.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Start by cooking one pancake just larger than your ‘average size’, then slowly make each pancake slightly smaller. You should end with one about the size of a 50-cent coin.
- Allow pancakes to cool slightly while you whip some coconut cream with the electric beaters (you can add some coconut sugar and vanilla if you like) until it is nice and thick. Peel the pomegranate and slice the plums.
- Layer the pancakes just like the photo above. Start with the largest pancake, add plum slices and dollops of whipped coconut cream, then add a slightly smaller pancake, top it with fresh raspberries and dollops of coconut cream, repeat with a slightly smaller pancake and top it with pomegranate arils and coconut cream, until you reach your desired height (I used 6 pancakes). Finish with a dollop of coconut cream and a raspberry, then sift over a light dusting of coconut flour. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.