ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 cup organic medjool dates, pitted
1 cup organic raw almonds
1½ cups of organic raw cashews
5 fresh figs
½ cup organic raw honey + a little extra for a drizzle at the end
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of organic coconut cream
1/3 cup of melted organic coconut oil
1 tsp organic vanilla powder (more if you prefer)
- Soak cashew nuts in filtered water for 4 hours. Soak dates and almonds for 30 minutes
- Blend up almonds and dates together in a food processor until they form a sticky and soft mixture. Press this evenly into the bottom of a cake tin (I find the best cake tins to use are the ones that have the detachable bottom so you can slide the cake out at the end.) When you are satisfied that you have created an even crust, place this in the fridge to set. This is the base of your cake!
- Blend up the soaked cashews in the food processor until they form a soft and very fine crumb. This may take 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add coconut cream, lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla essence to the ground up cashew nuts and blend together in the food processor until you have created a creamy, smooth mixture.
- Rinse figs in filtered, cold water then halve 3 of them and slice thinly. Put two figs to one side for later.
- Transfer the creamy filling mixture to a jug and taste test - you may like to add more vanilla depending on your taste preferences. Stir your thinly sliced fig pieces through the mixture carefully.
- Take the date and almond base out of the fridge and pour your cake filling over the top - give the cake tin and soft shake and a bang on the kitchen bench in order to ensure it is evenly distributed.
- Place cake in freezer for at least 2 hours to fully set.
- Remove cake from cake tin by carefully sliding it out and wedging it free from the base with a knife - place on a cake stand or plate for presentation.
- Slice the remaining 2 figs into quarters and arrange in the middle of the cake. Drizzle entire cake with a small amount of raw honey. Within 10 minutes the cake should have thawed enough to slice up and share around. Enjoy on a beautiful summer's evening
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.