- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Drain well.
- Place in a medium sized pan with the water and salt.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- When cooked, the quinoa grains appear translucent and their germ ring becomes visible.
- Spread quinoa on to a large plate to cool. Meanwhile, blanch peas for one minute in a pan of boiling water, drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Combine quinoa, peas and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, mix well and serve.