ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
½ tsp organic ground cumin
½ tsp organic ground coriander
¼ tsp organic ground turmeric
¼ tsp organic ground chilli
½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 head broccoli cut into florets
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup slivered almonds
2 ¼ cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
1 cup organic hulled millet
½ oz/15g soft organic butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a flat baking tray with kitchen baking paper. Combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chilli in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower and broccoli florets with the olive oil. Sprinkle the florets with the spice mixture, and toss the florets again to evenly coat them with the spices.
- Arrange the florets in a single layer on the baking tray, and bake them in the over for 30-40 minutes or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Spread the almonds on an oven tray, and bake them for 3-4 minutes or until they are lightly toasted. They can be placed in the oven at the same time as the cauliflower and broccoli florets; use the shelf below the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, place the vegetable stock in a large saucepan, and bring it to the boil over high heat. Add the millet, stir it briefly, and then cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the millet over low heat for 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Dot the butter over the millet, and fluff the millet with a fork to mix in the butter. Add the cooked vegetables and toasted almonds to the millet, and serve the pilaf immediately.
Vegan Option: replace the butter with vegan margarine.
Tip: This pilaf is the perfect accompaniment for chicken or fish.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.