ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 cup dry organic black turtle beans
1 clove garlic
2 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tsp organic thyme
½ tsp organic cumin powder
1 tsp organic ground coriander seeds
½ tsp freshly chopped chilli
1 carrot, grated
1 green capsicum, finely diced
400g tin organic diced tomatoes
- Pre-soak the black turtle beans for 6-8 hours or overnight (this makes the beans more digestible).
- Drain the beans well, discarding the water.
- Add 6 cups of fresh water to a large saucepan along with the soaked beans.
- Simmer the organic beans over gentle heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally and ensuring the water does not run low.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan add garlic, onion and oil and cook for 2-3 minutes then add the spices and stir them through.
- Add this mixture to the organic beans after the beans have cooked for 1 hour, then add the carrot, capsicum and chilli and stir through well.
- Finally, add the tinned tomatoes and partially cover with the lid and continue to simmer over low heat for 30 - 45 mins or until the mixture has thickened.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.