ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
4-6 small baby beetroots or 2 regular beetroots, chopped up
¼ cup organic black beluga lentils (makes about 2/3 cup once cooked)
75g organic walnuts, roasted
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
½ Spanish onion, finely sliced
2 cups baby spinach leaves
100g soft goats cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
- Roast the beetroot: toss lightly in olive oil and roast in the oven at about 220°C for 20 – 30mins.
- Cook & cool the lentils as per instructions on the packet & set aside.
- Oven roast the walnuts (on about 100 degrees celsius for 10 – 15mins – toss 2-3 times to allow uniform cooking) & set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together Lemon Juice, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Mustard , Salt & Pepper.
- Place beetroot, lentils, parsley & onion in a bowl.
- Add half the dressing and mix through.
- Place spinach leaves on your salad plate, top with the beetroot mixture and gently combine.
- Crumble on the goats' cheese and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Drizzle the rest of the dressing on top of the made salad & enjoy.
- You can use a 450g tin of baby beetroots if fresh beetroot is not available.
- Oven roasted nuts enhances the flavour, however if you like they are still delightful when raw. All the goodness of walnuts are retained when eaten raw as essential fatty acids may be destroyed with heat.
- For a twist, this salad is also lovely with cooked Fresh Asparagus or Roasted Pumpkin.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.