ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1/2 cup organic medium grain brown rice
1/2 cup organic quinoa white
1/2 small spanish onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup organic currants
1/2 cup organic raw almonds, roughly chopped
1 cup of organic chickpeas, cooked
1 orange, freshly squeezed
2 tbs red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook brown rice, by placing 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of rinsed rice into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring gently, then reduce heat, cover & simmer for about 30-40mins or until rice is cooked.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the Quinoa in the same way as the rice; however you only need to simmer it for about 15 minutes.
- While these are cooking, place the currants in a small bowl and pour over the orange juice, leave to soak.
- Once the rice and quinoa are cooked, leave to cool slightly.
- Then transfer to a bowl and mix through the Spanish onion, almonds & chickpeas.
- Add the vinegar to the currants and orange juice, stir and then pour over the salad & mix through.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
NOTE: You can make this recipe using only brown rice, but I find by mixing half Rice and half Quinoa, it makes the salad that little bit lighter...a better option for summer!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.