- Heat oil over medium heat in a medium size saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic & spices and sauté for a few minutes until onion softens.
- Add couscous and mix through well.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a simmer, remove from heat, cover and let stand until couscous has absorbed all water, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Stir in figs, currants, pistachio nuts, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To reheat stuffing, place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and heat in microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes or until really hot. OR better still: place 1 - 2 tablespoons of water to the stuffing mixture and reheat in a saucepan on your stovetop.
- For the ideal Roast Turkey stuffing, you can switch the Figs for Organic Dried Cranberries
- Toasted Slivered Almonds can be substituted for the pistachio nuts.