- Rinse the green lentils well in cold water.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions, carrots and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add the lentils, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to your taste. Stir well.
- Add 2 litres of filtered water to the pot and slowly bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking until lentils are soft.
- Check water from time to time and add more if necessary.
- Dissolve wholewheat bakers flour in the apple cider vinegar, then stir it well into the soup.
- Simmer for a few minutes more, then serve immediately.