ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
2/3 cup French green lentils
1 bay leaf
2 cups organic walnuts
1 tbsp organic virgin olive oil
2 small purple onions – finely chopped
3/4 tbls dried basil
3 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp mirin
1/2 tsp umeboshi plum paste
1 tbls shiro mis
- Place lentils in pot and cover with water to reach 2cm above lentils.
- Bring to boil lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Drain lentils, set aside.
- Roast walnuts in a moderate oven (180 degrees celsius) until just aromatic, about 10 minutes (watch them as walnuts burn quickly!)
- Sauté the onions, basil and garlic oil, over a low heat 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Combine all ingredients or a food processor (I used a mixing bowl and hands).
- Check for taste, adjusting if necessary. Serve with some fresh rye or sourdough bread!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.