ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
100g organic dried figs, cut or leave whole
100g organic dried apricots
50g organic dried apple, cut into small pieces
2 x organic cinnamon quills
1 x organic vanilla bean
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and cover with water.
- Leave to soak overnight or for 4-6 hours.
- Take out vanilla bean, remove the seeds from the bean and put the seeds back in with the mixture.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15-20 mins or until most of the water has dissolved.
- Remove cinnamon quills and either puree or serve as is.
- To serve... This dish is delightful for breakfast with porridge & yogurt or as a dessert, served with cream or ice-cream. My favourite way to have this dish is pureed and served warm with Yoghurt!
- Note...Most compotes are made with sugar added to the water. I find if the fruit is soaked, the water becomes very sweet from the natural fruit sugars anyway, so extra sugar is not needed. You could use any alternative dried fruit; however I love the figs in this one as the tiny seeds add a delightful crunchy texture. Organic Cranberries would work well for a more tart flavour. Some other spices that would be nice include nutmeg and cloves. Adding some lemon or orange peel would change the flavour too & I am sure would be delightful!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.