ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
Herbs, Spices & Salt
Grain Products & Brans
½ cup organic quinoa (any colour will work)
4 spring onions, finely sliced or a small red onion, finely diced
1 small red capsicum, finely diced
2 cups kale, shredded
2 medium carrots, grated (approx 1½ cups)
½ bunch coriander, chopped
½ bunch mint, chopped
¼ cup organic sesame seeds, toasted
¼ cup organic sunflower seeds, toasted
¼ cup organic pumpkin seeds, toasted
¼ cup organic almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
¼ cup organic cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
Pomegranate seeds for garnish, optional
¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons organic raw honey or organic maple syrup
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼-1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Start by cooking quinoa. Place in a saucepan, cover generously with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain well and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare all of the veggies, herbs, nuts and seeds for your salad.
- To make the dressing - add olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and salt to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
- When the quinoa is cooked and cooled slightly, add the dressing and stir through.
- Add onions, capsicum, kale, carrot and herbs and stir to combine.
- Just before serving, add the seeds and nuts and stir through. Then top with pomegranate seeds if using.
NOTE: To make this salad FODMAP friendly, use maple syrup in place of honey, omit the garlic and swap the cashews for another type of nut. For a vegan version use maple syrup in place of honey.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.