ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 1/2 cups (375ml) warm milk
2 tsp Instant Dried Yeast
1/4 cup (55g) organic raw sugar (or Rapadura Sugar)
60g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly whisked
4 1/2 cups (675g) organic wholewheat bakers flour flour
2 tsp cinnamon ground
1 tsp nutmeg ground
1 cup (170g) organic dried sultanas
1/4 cup (45g) organic currants
1/4 cup (50g) organic dried apricots
1/3 cup (80ml) cold water
1/2 cup (170g) apricot jam (or Honey)
- Heat milk. Combine the milk, yeast and 1 tbs of sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine the milk mixture, butter and egg in a jug and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine 4 cups of the flour, salt, spices and remaining sugar. Add the sultanas, currants and apricots and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.Pour in the liquid mixture and use a wooden spoon to stir until just combined, and then use your hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a damp tea towel and put to the side for 1 hour or until dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and grease a tray. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 16 even pieces and roll into a ball. Arrange each ball, side by side, in the prepared pan. Set aside for 30 minutes or until dough has risen 2cm.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining flour and water together in a small bowl until a smooth paste forms. Place the mixture in a piping bag (or a small plastic bag with the end snipped off), and pipe a vertical & horizontal line down the centre of each row of buns, to form crosses. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 180 degrees and bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Turn onto a wire rack. Place the jam or honey in a small saucepan over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until melted, then brush over the buns. Serve warm with butter, or toasted.
Have no questions.