ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
Flours, Meals & Baking
Herbs, Spices & Salt
Flours, Meals & Baking
Chocolate, Cacao & Cocoa
¾ cup + 2 tbsp organic soy milk
4 tbsp organic raw sugar
7g packet (or 2 ¼ tsp) of dried instant yeast
¼ melted vegan margarine (or coconut oil)
2 ¾ cups organic unbleached plain white flour
1 tsp organic mixed spice
1 tsp organic ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground vanilla bean
¾ cup organic vegan dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup – ½ cup organic dried cherries
1 tbsp organic icing sugar
2 tbsp organic unbleached plain white flour
½ tbsp water
2 tbsp organic soy milk
1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the soymilk to just above lukewarm (needs to be warm enough to activate the yeast, but too hot will kill it), it should be cool enough to touch with a finger
- Stir 2 of the tablespoons of sugar with the soymilk and the yeast and mix with a NON metal spoon or whisk. Metal may deactivate the yeast. Set aside to become frothy
- In a separate large bowl combine the flour, spices and remaining sugar.
- Melt the margarine and stir into the yeast mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine into a sticky dough.
- Dust a clean benchtop with some flour and knead the mixture for approximately 5 minutes until the dough becomes elastic and no longer sticky.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a damp tea towel or plastic wrap. Let it sit for an hour in a warm room until doubled in size.
- Punch the air out of the risen dough and knead for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and the cherries at this stage, knead the dough for another minute or so to ensure the goodies have been well mixed through.
- Divide mixture into 8 large buns or 12 small buns and place on a flat tray lined with baking paper. Place a tea towel over the buns whilst they proof for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cross mixture ingredients into a thick paste. Transfer to a freezer bag, cut the corner and pipe onto the buns.
- Using a knife, cut a cross shape into each bun and pipe the white mixture on top.
- Put the crossed buns into the oven for 10 minutes and make the glaze mixture. Take the buns out and quickly brush the glaze onto the top of the buns and return to the oven for about 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown. The buns are ready if they sound hollow when tapped.
Have no questions.