ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1/4 cup organic sultanas
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup organic quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
1/4 cup spring onion, finely chopped
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp organic olive oil
1/8 cup organic pistachio kernels
1/8 cup organic pine nuts
salt & pepper
a very large fish or 2 smaller ones
Preparing the stuffing
- Soak the sultanas in half of the lemon juice (1/8 cup).
- Oven roast the nuts at about 120 degrees celsius for 15-20 mins or until lightly roasted. Allow the nuts time to cool & roughly chop.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan cook the garlic in olive oil for 2 mins, add the quinoa & stock, stir & bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, place the lid on saucepan and leave for 15-20mins or until the stock is absorbed & the quinoa is fluffy.
- Once quinoa is cooked, combine all the ingredients of the stuffing and mix thoroughly. The stuffing mixture should be quite moist. You can prepare this in advance & keep it in the refrigerator.
Preparing & stuffing the fish
- Remove any remaining scales & any blood or dark skin from the belly cavity of the fish. Brush both sides of the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the stuffing mixture.
- Thickly slice the lemon and place the slices along the top & bottom of the fish, cover well with foil & cook on a medium BBQ until the fish is cooked through. Alternatively bake in a preheated oven at about 180°C for 45-50mins. You can tell that the fish is cooked when tested in the thickest part. The flesh should be opaque and flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges, oven roasted kipfler potatoes & a green salad.
Have no questions.