ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 teaspoon organic raw sugar
7 g instant dried yeast
1/4 cup water, warm
1 teaspoon himalayan rock salt, fine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cup organic unbleached white bakers flour
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoon tomato puree
400g crushed tomato (1 can)
75 ml tomato paste
2 tablespoon organic oregano
2 tablespoons organic basil
1 tablespoon organic thyme
- To make the pizza dough, combine sugar, warm water and yeast in a mixing bowl, cover. Stand in a warm place for about 10 min or until frothy and foamy.
- Add salt, oil and extra water to the yeast mixture, combine.
- Add the flour and mix to soft dough. If the dough sticks to the sides of the bowl, add a little more flour.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 10 mins. Place dough in lightly oiled bowl, cover.
- Stand in a warm place for about 45 mins or until dough has doubled in size.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out thinly and place on baking paper covered oven trays.
- To make the tomato base, brown the onion in a small saucepan then add the garlic, and tomato puree, stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir until well combined. Gently boil for about 20 mins.
- Turn off the heat and use a hand mixer to make a smooth sauce for the pizza base.
- Spread the tomato base on pizza base then add your favourite toppings, followed by a nice handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in 200-220C oven about 10 mins.
Have no questions.