ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 cup organic red split lentils
1 cup oragnic quinoa
1 cup organic rice flour
Handful organic raw cashew nuts, finely chopped
Handful fresh marjoram
tsp cumin seeds
tsp coriander seeds
tsp ground tumeric powder
tsp sweet paprika powder
2 large eschallots, diced
salt to taste
- Cook red split lentils and quinoa together with 4 cups of water in a pot on the stove. Bring the water to a boil, then turn back to a simmer. The grains will be cooked within about 15 mins. While the grains are cooking, grind and blend your spices together in a mortar and pestle. Once finely ground, blend through the fresh marjoram and add a little salt to taste.
- Once the grains are cooked, drain any excess water and crush the grains whilst still hot. Mash them together with the rice flour, being careful to add the flour slowly to ensure the mix doesn’t become too dry. The mix should be nice and sticky in your hands, sticky enough that it leaves a little residue behind if you hold the mix in your hand for a moment too long. Once you have a nice sticky mashed consistency, add your blended herbs and spices and mix well. Mix the eschallots and cashews through the mashed mix. Take a handful of mix, form into a ball and squash flat into a nice patty shape, about 1cm thick.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan with a little olive oil over medium to high heat, and pop some patties down. The pan should be hot enough that the patties immediately start to sizzle. After a few minutes they will start to brown up so that will be the time to flip them over and cook them on the other side.
- Serve between two chunks of fresh sourdough bread or on a crunchy bun of your choice. Fill the burger up with some lightly dressed greens, fresh sliced tomato and radish, a little avocado and some mustard, home made tomato chutney or mayonnaise for a nice topping.
- These patties can also go in a packed lunch and reheated the next day. Or, if you’ve got too many left overs in the fridge, try breaking them up into large chunks in a fresh salad of rocket, tomato, eschallot with a dressing of honey, mustard, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.