ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
1½ cups organic almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
1½ cups water
1 cup uncooked organic steel-cut oats
1½ tbsp organic butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
½ tsp organic cinnamon powder
¼ tsp salt
Optional extras: chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, maple syrup, additional milk
- Lightly coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with some organic coconut oil.
- Peel, core then cut the apples into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for approximately 7 hours (overnight).
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls and add optional toppings if desired, eg. chopped nuts, dried fruit, maple syrup, additional milk.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator. Also freezes well.
To reheat single servings: Place 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.
- Love it! Review by Julia
Price Value Quality
Thank you for sharing (Posted on 1/03/2018)