ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
340 g extra-firm tofu, frozen then defrosted
3 tsp organic sesame oil
2 tsp gluten-free organic tamari soy sauce
1 large onion, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 heaped tsp organic ground coriander seeds
Stems and roots of 2 bunches coriander, washed well and lightly crushed
2 heaped tsp organic ground turmeric
1 heaped tsp organic ground cumin
1⁄4 cup water
1 can organic coconut milk
1+3/4 cup salt-reduced "chicken style" stock
1⁄4 cup lemon juice
1 medium carrot, sliced into 0.6-cm thick pieces
20 snow peas, topped and tailed
1 cup frozen peas
1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
1⁄3 cup lime juice
1 bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Squeeze out the liquid from the defrosted tofu, and then tear it into bite-size pieces. Place the tofu into a medium bowl, and toss it with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the gluten-free salt-reduced tamari or salt reduced soy sauce. Pour the tofu mixture onto a baking tray that has been lined with kitchen baking paper, and bake it, tossing it once, for 20 minutes or until the tofu is dry and beginning to color. Set the tofu aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large wok over medium heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, red chili, and cilantro (coriander) stems and roots for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Sprinkle in the ground turmeric, ground coriander seeds, and ground cumin, and mix the ingredients well. Add the water to make a loose paste, and stir the mixture well for 2 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and salt-reduced “chicken-style” stock, as well as 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes. When the curry sauce has darkened a little and cooked down slightly, remove the wok from the heat and stir through the remaining lemon juice, the baked tofu, carrot, snow peas, and frozen peas. Place the wok over low heat for a further 5 minutes or until you are ready to serve the curry.
- To make the dressing, mix together the sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and coriander in a small bowl.
- To serve, divide the curry into four bowls. Pour a couple of generous spoonfuls of the dressing over the top.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.