- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a tray with baking paper
- In a small bowl, mix coconut oil and water together. Gently heat in the microwave for 10-30 seconds, then add espresso powder and stir until dissolved. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together spelt flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, coffee mixture and vanilla. Stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on lined tray. Flatten with the back of a wooden spoon, then sprinkle with pepitas and espresso powder if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack, then enjoy!
*Optional: Drizzle with melted chocolate or add 1/3 cup of chocolate drops to the mix for a mocha inspired cookie!