Sunflower Oil tends to be less widely-known as a nutritious ingredient when compared to its popular counterparts coconut oil and olive oil. However Organic Sunflower Oil is a rich source of omega fatty acids, namely oleic acid - a monounsaturated fat (also known as Omega-9). A diet rich in high-oleic-acid from sunflower oil has also been positively associated with lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides.
Light in texture and taste, our Organic Sunflower Oil can be used as a cooking pantry staple as well as for skin care!
5 Ways You Can Use Sunflower Oil:
- In baking recipes calling for butter – Sunflower Oil makes a good alternative as it has a subtle flavour and keeps cakes moist!
- Use it as a carrier oil for homemade cosmetics. Sunflower Oil is high in Vitamin E so it is great for your skin.
- Sunflower Oil works as an under-eye moisturiser! Apply a small amount at night with a cotton ball, and let it absorb as you sleep.
- Use Sunflower Oil as a scalp & hair treatment: Apply to your scalp and gently massage, then wrap in a hot towel and allow to penetrate for up to an hour. Shampoo thoroughly.
- Sunflower Oil has a high smoke point, and with its neutral flavour it is ideal for sautéing, stir-frying and even deep-frying for those who occasionally dabble in it.... (Donuts anyone?!)