ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
4 small pears
1/4 cup organic maple syrup
1/2 buckwheat flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
3/4 cup rice milk
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon orange rind, finely grated
1 tablespoon butter for cooking
fat-reduced greek-style plain yoghurt to serve
1/3 cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped, to serve
maple syrup to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a flat baking tray with kitchen baking paper. Cut the pears in half, scooping out the seeds and leaving the stalks and skin intact. Place the pears onto the tray cut side up, and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake the pears for 30-40 minutes or until they are tender. Turn the pears over half way through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, to make the pancake batter, sift the buckwheat flour, quinoa flour, and baking powder into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center. Combine the rice milk, lightly beaten egg, and orange rind, and pour into the centre of the flour. Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a little butter, allowing it to bubble before starting to cook the pancakes. Use a 1/4-cup measure to place batter in the pan, cooking two pancakes at a time. Cook on the first side for 2 minutes or until small bubbles begin to appear within the batter, then turn the pancakes over and cook them for a further 1 minute.
- Place the pancakes onto a baking tray, cover them loosely with foil, and place the tray into the oven to keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- To serve, place two warmed pancakes on each plate, and top with two baked pear halves, a portion of yoghurt, and a sprinkling of roasted pecan nuts. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- To roast the walnuts, place them onto a second baking tray and bake them in the oven with the pears for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly toasted, tossing them once during cooking.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.