ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
Chocolate, Cacao & Cocoa
Herbs, Spices & Salt
125g organic butter or organic coconut oil, melted (plus a little extra for greasing the tins)
3 x 400g tins organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
9 medium organic eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
220ml organic maple syrup
5 tsp organic apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
90g organic coconut flour
2½ tsp bicarb soda
¼ tsp Himalayan salt
150g punnet of fresh raspberries to decorate
CHOCOLATE AVO FROSTING:
4 medium ripe avocados
5 tbsp (about 75g) organic coconut oil, melted
8 tbsp organic raw honey (or enough to taste)
10 tbsp organic cocoa powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp of orange extract (not essence)
A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to fan 180°C/gasmark 6, then line the bases of two 25cm-diameter cake tins with baking parchment and grease the sides with butter or coconut oil.
- Blend all the ingredients for the frosting together in a food processor until smooth, adding a dash of cold water if needed. taste, adjusting the flavourings to taste, then transfer to a bowl and set aside in the fridge.
- For the cake, add the cannellini beans to the cleaned food processor bowl with the eggs, vanilla extract and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Add the remaining cake ingredients, except the raspberries, and blend to combine.
- Divide the cake batter between the prepared cake tins, spreading out evenly and smoothing the surface. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes until well risen and lightly golden on top. (Check the cakes after 25 minutes and swap the tins between shelves, if necessary, as they will cook at different rates.)
- Remove fromthe oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely in the tins before turning out.
- While the cakes are cooling, gently wash the raspberries and dry them carefully using kitchen paper or leave to air dry. (They must be thoroughly dry before adding to the cake)
- Spread half the frosting on one of the cooled sponges, top with the other sponge and spread over the rest of the frosting. Store in the fridge and bring to room temperature to serve. Decorate with the fresh raspberries just before serving.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.