- Add almonds to a high-speed food processor or blender, and blend until fine. Add the carob powder and salt and blend again. Then add the dates and coconut oil, blending until fully combined.
- Transfer from the processor into a bowl, then mix through the coconut.
- Scoop into a lined slice tin and press down until really firmly packed. Set aside
- For the topping, add the cashews to your food processor and blend until they become a fine powder. Add the carob powder and desiccated coconut and blend again.
- Add the Medjool dates and coconut oil to the processor and blend until the mixture becomes one big gooey ball.
- Evenly press the topping down on top over the base and smooth over - it works best if you use your hands!
- Spread the shredded coconut on a baking sheet in a thin layer and bake in the oven on moderate heat. The coconut will toast very quickly and won't take more than 5-10 minutes. After a few minutes, stir the coconut to help ensure even colour.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the slice, then place in the freezer for about an hour until set.
- Slice into squares, and store in the freezer or fridge. Enjoy!