ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
8 -10 large fresh Strawberries, washed and dried
3 tablespoons organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon organic Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons organic Carob Powder
- Pre-line a flat tray that you will use to place your strawberries on to and keep in the fridge to cool whilst preparing the carob sauce. Pre-chilling the tray helps carob coating to set quickly.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix coconut oil over boiling water to melt. (Use a small saucepan of boiling water and sit bowl over the top. The heat from underneath will melt the coconut oil in the mixing bowl).
- Add carob powder and optional maple syrup or liquid stevia and mix well.
- Holding the strawberry at the leafy end, dip each strawberry into the carob sauce and coat well. Use a spoon to help if needed.
- Place onto pre-chilled and lined tray.
- Once all strawberries are coated, place in fridge until carob coating is set. Keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Variations: Use raw cacao powder instead of carob for an authentic chocolate flavour. Add desiccated coconut to your carob dipping sauce or sprinkle coconut over wet carob dipped strawberries before setting. Add 1 tablespoon nut butter such as almond butter to dipping sauce for a nut fudge coating. Make carob sauce to serve as a fondue at dinner parties and let guests dip their own strawberries.
Make sure your washed strawberries are pat dry before dipping into carob sauce otherwise the coating won’t stick as well. For an extra thick coating of carob, after first coat is set on strawberries repeat process for a second coating. Pre-chilling your lined setting tray in freezer will help the carob coating to set quickly. Pre-chill your washed strawberries in the refrigerator prior to dipping to also help the carob to set quickly. If your carob dipping sauce is too runny it wont stick to the strawberries well. If it is too runny place your dipping sauce in the fridge for a few minutes or until it begins to thicken.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.