- Grind the chia seeds using a blender or a coffee grinder if you prefer them ground.
- Whole chia seeds are also nice.
- Follow instructions for adding ingredients to bread machine.
- Mine is a Panasonic SD 206 and the yeast goes in first, then flour, then the rest of the dry ingredients followed by the wet ones.
- I set my machine for 'bake' for the automatic setting which takes 4 hours and let it do it's work!
2 tsp dried yeast (about 7 gm)
3 1/3 cups bread flour (Wholemeal, white or wholegrain)
1/2 cup whole chia seeds (can grind them if you prefer)
2 tbs skim (for full cream) milk powder
2 tbs Brown rice oil (canola or olive oil if you prefer)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
about 2 tbs raw sugar or honey (or one of each if you prefer)
1 1/2 cups warm water (400 ml)