Chocolate Mousse Tart with Raspberries
- To make the shortcrust pastry, sift together the all-purpose flour and cocoa into a large bowl, and then stir through the rapadura sugar. Drizzle the olive oil over the flour mixture, a ½ cup at a time, and use your clean fingertips to work the olive oil through the flour mixture until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Using a table knife, fold through the non-dairy milk a tablespoon at a time until the pastry begins to come together and is moist but not sticky. Gently knead the pastry in the bowl until it is smooth and forms a ball. Cover the pastry with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. After the pastry has been in the refrigerator for an hour, roll the pastry out between two sheets of plastic wrap, and press it into a greased, 23-cm tart tin. Lightly prick the pastry base with a fork, and then place the tart tin into the oven. Bake the pastry for about 20 minutes or until it is cooked and dry. Set the pastry aside to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate mousse, melt the vegan chocolate in a bain-marie (a metal or glass bowl sitting above a saucepan of simmering water). Place the melted vegan chocolate, silken (soft) tofu, maple syrup, rice syrup, and vanilla extract into a food processor, and blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Add the cocoa, and blend the ingredients once again until the cocoa has been incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- To serve, spread the raspberry jam on the base of the cooled shortcrust pastry shell. Pour in the chocolate mousse, and smooth the top. Decorate the top with fresh or frozen raspberries. Place the tart in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the mousse to set.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup organic rapadura sugar
1 cup organic olive oil
1/4-1/2 cup non-dairy milk
200g vegan chocolate
600g silken tofu
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup raspberry jam
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries