- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the pecans, cranberries, cinnamon, pepper, vanilla, and maple syrup in a saucepan and stir to combine. Bring the syrup to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the syrup has been soaked up by the nut, stirring constantly,
- Remove nuts from heat and pour onto the baking tray. Spread the nuts out into a single layer.
- Bake the pecans in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are a deep golden brown and give off a nutty aroma. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While the nuts cool, line another tray with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into chunks, add to a saucepan and gently melt over medium/low heat. Stir occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into the tray and smooth the chocolate out to a thickness of roughly ½ cm. Scatter the cooled pecans evenly over the surface of the chocolate.
- Set aside for several hours for chocolate to harden. Sprinkle with salt before breaking into pieces.