- Preheat the oven to 230° C.
- Rinse the potatoes throughly before chopping in chunks. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover completely with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 6 minutes. The potatoes should be par-cooked at this point, soft on the outside but slightly firm on the inside. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool slightly.
- While the potatoes are cooling, add the ghee, rosemary, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a saucepan and warm until melted.
- Toss the potatoes in the seasoned ghee until fully coated. Don’t worry if the outside of the potatoes get a little smashed up - This will just help the potatoes get extra crispy.
- Place the potatoes in one layer on a lined baking tray. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through. Adjust seasoning to taste.