ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
½ cup organic French green lentils
1 very small red onion (35 grams), very thinly sliced
1 tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tin organic cherry tomatoes 400g, drained (or use fresh tomatoes)
½ bunch basil, leaves picked (choose smallest ones if you can)
80g goats cheese
- Cook the lentils: Place in a saucepan and cover generously with water.
- Bring to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the red onion in a medium bowl, pour over the vinegar and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Stir, then set aside to allow the onion to soften.
- Once lentils are cooked, drain well in a sieve and while still warm, add to the onion along with the olive oil, garlic and some black pepper.
- Stir to mix and leave to cool.
- Once cool, add the tomatoes and basil and gently mix together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Pile up the lentils on a large plate to serve.
- Top with dollops of goats cheese and enjoy!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.