The ratio is 1 cup of uncooked quinoa to 2 cups of liquid (water or stock).
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly to remove any natural bitter flavour.
- Add rinsed quinoa and cooking liquid to a medium saucepan, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed (10 to 15 minutes). You can tell that it's cooked when it is a little translucent in the centre and looks like it has a circular 'tail'.
- Fluff with a fork and season if desired.
- Add to salads or use as a side dish in place of rice.