ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
4 cups organic light sift wheat flour
2 tsp bi-carb soda
1/2 tsp salt
60g butter, cubed
2-2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, bi-carb soda and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter.
- Mix in the buttermilk to form a dough.
- Tip dough onto floured surface and roll into a ball.
- Put the ball onto the baking paper lined tray and press down to make a 20cm diameter round loaf.
- Cut a slight cross on the top.
- Bake in oven for approx 35-40 min.
- When the loaf has cooled down, keep in a plastic bag or airtight container to keep moist.
- This way it will last a couple of days.
- Enjoy sliced with butter and cheese or avocado and sliced tomato, or as an accompaniment to a fresh vegetable soup.
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.