ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 tbsp organic extra-virgin olive oil + up to 2 tbsp extra for frying
⅓ cup organic raw cashews, whole and broken
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp organic curry powder
2 medium carrots, grated (1 cup)
1⅓ cup organic French-style green lentils, cooked (see packet for cooking instructions)
½ cup organic wholegrain rolled oats
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
½ tsp salt
Finely ground organic black pepper
1 tbsp organic wholemeal plain flour
Cane Sugar Free
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add a drizzle of oil and the cashews and toss around until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat, add the tablespoon of the oil and the onion, cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add garlic, curry powder and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cooked lentils and egg in a food processor and process until pureed.
- Place lentil mixture, onion mixture, toasted cashews, oats, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into eight burgers. If you have time, cover and refrigerate the burgers for 1–2 hours as they will firm up and become easier to handle.
- Sprinkle the flour on a separate plate. Coat each burger in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat some of the extra oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through.
- Serve topped with relish or tzatziki along with a lovely winter salad or serve in a multigrain roll with lettuce, avocado, grated beetroot, grated carrot and relish.
Have no questions.