- Rinse the rice with water and drain. Place rice and 2 cups of fresh water in a tightly covered saucepan and simmer for 30–45 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Once rice is cooked, immediately add the tamari and finely chopped red onion.
- Mix well, replace the lid and set the rice mix aside for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge if you have time.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
- After you have let the rice mix stand, add the spring onions, capsicum, carrot, zucchini, cashews and seeds to the rice and mix well.
- Toss the dressing through the salad just before serving and garnish with fresh herbs.