ADD TO FAVOURITES LIST
Hey there, we like your taste. Please select a favourites collection
1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked for 6-8 hours, or overnight
1 1/2 cups wholemeal buorghul
2 bunches fresh flat leaf parsley
1 bunch fresh fresh mint
1/2 red onion
1/3 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Put the bourghul into a bowl, cover with approximately one litre (4 cups) boiling water and leave to stand for 1-2 hours.
- Cover the chickpeas, bring to the boil and then simmer for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Finely chop the parsley, mint onion and tomato.
- Vigorously mix together the olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste.
- Combine the Parsley, mint, onion, tomato, bourghul, chickpeas and dress with the olive oil and lemon juice dressing.
- Enjoy as a snack with Lebanese Bread, or use as an accompaniment to a main meal.
- You can experiment with this dish and vary the quantites of the ingredients to suit your own personal preferences.
- For something different, try using Organic Wholewheat Couscous or Organic Quinoa (for a gluten-free version) instead of the bourghul!
Cane Sugar Free
Have no questions.