- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover the pan and let cook for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand 5 minutes. Uncover, fluff the cooked quinoa with a fork, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the sundried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with very hot water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes to rehydrate, drain, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the quinoa, chickpeas, oats, garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper. Process until the mixture is nicely ground and blended. Add the egg, then pulse a few times until the egg is combined with the chickpea mixture (it should look like thick, chunky hummus).
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, then gently fold in the drained sundried tomatoes, feta, parsley, and basil. Form the burgers into 6 patties. If not ready to cook immediately, place the patties in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook the quinoa burgers, heat up the barbeque grill plate to medium heat. Cook the veggie burger patties on each side until both sides are browned and the patties are cooked through (about 8 minutes total). Serve on bread buns with relish or chutney and any desired toppings.