- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook 8–10 minutes until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs, sage, cranberries, macadamias, orange rind, butter and cooked onion and garlic. Stir until well combined (you may need to use your hands!). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Rinse the turkey under running cold water. Pat dry inside and out with paper towels. Spoon stuffing into the cavity and secure with a skewer. Tuck wings underneath, tie legs together with kitchen string, then transfer to a large roasting pan.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper and gently pour stock into the dish. Cover with lightly greased aluminium foil and roast for 1½ hours. Remove foil and roast for a further hour – 1½ hours, basting every 15 minutes with the stock, or until skin is golden and juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
- Remove the turkey from the dish; cover with foil. Stand in a warm place for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- Slice the turkey and serve with stuffing and gravy.