- Lightly coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with some organic coconut oil.
- Peel, core then cut the apples into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to slow cooker.
- Stir, cover, and cook on low for approximately 7 hours (overnight).
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls and add optional toppings if desired, eg. chopped nuts, dried fruit, maple syrup, additional milk.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator. Also freezes well.
To reheat single servings: Place 3/4 cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot