1. Rinse the quinoa well and set aside.
2. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon and vanilla powder and stir in well with the oil until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
3. Add the quinoa and stir to coat all of the ingredients.
4. Add the water, half a tin (200ml) of coconut milk, grated apple and syrup/honey to the quinoa mix. Stir to combine.
5. Bring to a light boil, then simmer for approximately 25 mins or until the liquid is just about all absorbed.
6. Spoon the hot quinoa into bowls and serve with the remaining coconut milk.
7. Sprinke with your favourite toppings such as chopped organic nuts, pepitas, sultanas and shredded coconut.
Store any leftover porridge covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.