- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Peel garlic and ginger, and chop into small pieces.
- Dice the onion.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a large saucepan. Saute garlic, ginger and onion over low heat, until soft (take care not to burn).
- Add curry powder to the saucepan and stir to combine. Cook until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes, water and stock before bringing the boil. Once boiling turn the heat down to a simmer and cook until tender (usually around 20 minutes).
- When potatoes are cooked use a stick mixer to puree (otherwise transfer to a blender). Stir in the nutmeg, coconut cream, black pepper and a good grinding of salt to the soup and heat until hot - do not boil.
- Serve with a good squeeze of lime juice (you won’t want to miss this step!) and some fresh sourdough bread if you desire.