Ultra Fudgey Vegan Brownie
- Preheat oven to 175˚C and line a 9x9 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
- Drain and rinse the tinned cannellini beans well, then lightly pat dry.
- Add the cannellini beans, maple syrup, apple sauce, baking powder, vanilla and salt to a high power blender or food processor. Process the ingredients together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the oat flour to the blender and stir in by hand to incorporate. Process/blend until well combined.
- Add and stir in the cacao powder through the mixture. Blend until well combined. The final mixture should be smooth and slightly thick.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking pan, using a spatula to evenly spread the mixture and to scrape all that brownie batter goodness out of your blender/food processor.
- Firmly tap your pan on the counter several times to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool for 15 minutes, then remove the slab from the pan and allow to cool for another 15 minutes on a cooling rack.
- Slice and decorate with toppings of choice. Pictured: coconut flakes, cacao nibs and a vegan chocolate drizzle (recipe below).
* Gluten-free option: Substitute oat flour for quinoa flour, using Organic Rolled Quinoa blended into a fine powder.
Vegan Chocolate Drizzle
1. In a small pot, melt the coconut oil on the stove on low heat.
2. When the coconut oil has liquified, add the cacao and whisk well.
3. When the cacao is well incorporated, add the sweetener & salt and whisk well.
4. Remove the pot from the stove and turn off the heat 5. Allow mixture to cool for 3 minutes (it will thicken slightly) before drizzling