- Create a double boiler by placing cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering hot water.
- Pour in the maple syrup and stir frequently with a whisk until the cacao butter has completely melted down and maple has combined. Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the melted coconut butter, cacao powder, vanilla powder and salt to the bowl. Use a whisk to stir all ingredients until well combined and it reaches a smooth, even consistency.
- Fill a regular sized muffin tin with paper liners. Pour a 2-3mm worth of chocolate mixture into the bottom of each liner, then chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge then drop a small spoonful of almond butter into the centre of each cup making sure the butter doesn’t pile too high. Divide the remaining chocolate amongst the cups, pouring enough in so that the chocolate fully covers the almond butter.
- Sprinkle each almond butter cup with a pinch of coarse Celtic sea salt and chill in the fridge until completely set
- Remove the chocolate from liners and enjoy!
* To melt Coconut Butter: place well-sealed coconut butter jar in a hot water bath for about 15-20 minutes (long enough to melt the oil inside and soften the flesh). Remove from water, open up and using a metal spoon start stirring the contents until it reaches a smooth, even consistency (it will turn into a thick liquid). This may take a few minutes but believe us - it is well worth the wait!