- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook 8–10 minutes until fragrant and slightly brown. Add in beans and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Make the vegan cheese by simply combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl to form a thick batter-like mixture. Use your hands to crumble into small pieces. Set aside.
- Stir the canned tomatoes into the beans and bring to a boil.
- Add in coconut aminos, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Finally add the baby spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Sprinkle with the vegan cheese crumbles before seving hot with toast.