Almond Cinnamon Tea Cake
A light and simple tea cake recipe using almond meal and brown rice syrup.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a bunt tin (20 cm in diameter) or any round cake tin of your choice.
- In a medium sized bowel whisk together the three eggs, brown rice syrup and vegetable oil.
- In a separate bowel combine all the dry ingredients (flour, almond meal and cinnamon).
- Alternating, add the flour and milk to the egg mixture until all are well combined.
- Pour the mixture the prepared cake tin and place in the oven.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Turn the cake onto a wire rack for cooling (facing up)
- Combine the orange juice and warmed brown rice syrup to create a glaze.
- While the cake is still warm, pour over glaze.
- Eat & Enjoy!
100g vegetable oil
1/2 cup organic brown rice syrup
zest and juice of an orange
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup organic almond milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of 2 oranges
1 tbsp organic brown syrup